06 September 2007

"You will have accomplished a lot if you manage to get up and shower each day" said some WIse Mama's I know regarding my BIG PLANS for maternity leave. This was in response to the "To Do" list I made the mistake of sharing with my dear Mama friends. When they read the list of things I was planning on accomplishing while on leave they laughed and made the above comment. I felt like such a silly soon-to-be first time mom, but was sure nonetheless that it would be different for me. But now I know from experience that they were so RIGHT! I cannot recall what I do each day, yet somehow they days goes from 8am to 6pm in what seems like 60 seconds. My day-to-day with Elliot is a race against the clock between feedings...trying to get somehting to eat (not that a lack of calories is a problem per se), trying to make a phone call, possibly a load of laudrey, and then POOF Dad is home and it is time for dinner - whew! The day always revloves around feedings (less so now that we are just nursing) and play time (you have to take advantage of the windows of awake time and it is not always predictable when they will occur), but I am quickly learning the art of timing to make the most of my day.

7 comments:

hannah m said...

Yay! I'm so happy you have a blog. A mama friend once told me to put things like "kiss baby," "play with baby" and "sing a song to baby" on your daily to-do list so that even if the laundry didn't get done, you still see that you got some very important things done.

Carrie said...

My maternity leave has been wildly unproductive so far, and the baby hasn't even arrived yet. So yeah, I hear what you're saying :)

Unknown said...

Really, shooting skeet? I never knew. Congrats on the blog--have fun with it:) I agree with Dale write whatever comes to mind. Also enjoy the remaining days before January, because I suspect they will only get shorter and busier!

Jennie said...

This is officially my second comment I've ever made - I think I'm officially the last one to join the party. And of course, in signing up, I lost my "witty" comment. To try and recreate: Seems you are getting loads done - at 3 months - dinner and concert is impressive in my book, especially when you have the pump-in-car-mama-duty with hefty hefty bag at your side. You are a rock star honey.

sellybean said...

Hip Hip Hooray! Now the pressure is on.. 5 comments = 5 readers! I can't wait to read more about your daily adventures. So sorry for the reality check... I really hoped that it would be different for you.. but hey, you're out and about, so that is extra points.. oh, and don't forget the bonus points you get for making it to starbucks!

Ducky said...

I'm with Jennie - you're a rock star. I wish we could be around for these times in person, but it's a huge treat to be able to read about them! I'm loving this.

christey said...

Don't forget to mark off your to do list walk 5 miles to and from the nearest Starbuck's! At 3 months out in my maternity leave, I was allowed to go to MODESTO. I think getting to go to a concert, is pretty darn good.

Post a Comment