12 August 2008

  • Yesterday, rusty and out of practice, I returned to piano lessons. It was not exactly "just like riding a bike" but it was not ground zero either. The highlight was when I played "When The Saints Go Marching In" using both hands!
  • Today I introduced Elliot to Ben Folds and we sang all the way to work and back (Ben's my favorite piano man).
  • Today I thought about how I used to play along on the piano with my Mom. She would play silly songs for me to sing and often find ways that I could play along, like playing the melody to "Heart & Soul" while she played the harmony or chords with two-hands!
  • Tomorrow I will practice the piano.


5 comments:

Carrie said...

Piano lessons! That is so cool!!!

hannah m said...

Maybe you and Viv can have a dueling pianos party - she can represent the "abstract-bang-on-the-piano" type music; you can represent "melodic-sing-along" genre. Glad you've picked it up again!

Unknown said...

Great! We need you to help fill out our sound.

AmyK said...

Let me get past "The Saints Go Marching In" and then we'll talk ;)

Ducky said...

Yay! This is wonderful, Amy.

Post a Comment