19 October 2010

It only took me 3years of being a working-parent to realize that it would be easier to cook twice as much for dinner and freeze the extra for enjoyment another week. This would make weeknight dinners faster and also reduce the number of last-minute restaurant visits because it's 'too late to fix anything'. Well this week (following a lovely weekend away with my hubby) we are Freezer Eating. I wandered the grocery store late Sunday Evening and was at a loss for ideas of what to eat for the week. Then it hit me, pull from the leftovers! I have only been freezing for the last month or so and have been very protective about the idea of dipping in too soon. I wanted to have some solid stock! Well now I've got Chili, Enchilada Casserole, Tomato Sauce and Curry Chicken. So what are we eating this week? Chili, Enchilada Casserole and because I love me some breakfast, we'll be having breakfast for dinner one night as well (easy-peasy!). Now if I could only find a way to simplify the dish washing process. One idea my hubby had was to invent a dishwasher that new it was full, supplied its own soap and viola! Someday.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Great idea, just don't forget it's in the freezer, and then have to dump it out a year later...that's what I would do!

Unknown said...

Greatt !!

click for more said...

Thanks for sharing in detail.

Best ice shaver said...

Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. home countertop ice maker

Post a Comment