27 November 2007

What was I to do with the extra pie crust in the fridge? I started making more Empanadas, this time with filled with black beans, diced green chile, salsa and cheese. And then the light bulb went off and I realized that my Empanadas were really just tiny pies with Mexican inspired filling. So I got that crazed look in my eyes and decided it was time to fill these tiny pies with something sweet - peanut butter & semi-sweet chocolate chips and strawberry & cream cheese.


Can you see the PB oozing out! Yum! They were scrumptious! So please reward yourself and make some tiny pies with your favorite filling!

How to:

Use refrigerated pie crust (the new roll-out type is best)
Roll each crust just a little thinner
Use anything in your kitchen that measures about a 4 inch circle and cut 5 to 6 circles out of each pie crust
Scoop a heaping tablespoon of your favorite filling into the middle of each circle, fold over edges and crimp with a fork
Bake at 425 for 15 minutes

It is "Stupid Easy" as Paula Deen would say.



2 comments:

hannah m said...

Oh, HELLO! Peanut butter and chocolate, yes please. Bring on the tiny pies! I'll take a dozen of anything you make, Amy!

Jennie said...

Peanut butter, yummy...

Post a Comment