07 April 2008

**When pregnant with your first child you get excited when you discover perks meant just for pregnant ladies and if you are me you don't question these perks one bit. One said perk is Stork Parking at BabiesRUs, close parking just for expectant mothers. After you have the baby and make your first trip to BabiesRUs for some "necessity" you quickly realize that Stork Parking is ridiculous. Unless you are under some sort of special doctors orders to not walk "long" distances, pregnant women can walk just like anyone else. In fact, pregnant women should walk, exercise, move and groove, it is not a disability. What BabiesRUs should have is New Parent Parking because the infant carrierers, the weight of the baby, not to mention how damn akward it is to carry. New Parents are who deserve to walk a little less!


**When you are pregnant you may from time to time happen into shops that sell maternity clothes and these nice shops will almost always also offer a place for women to nurse/feed their babies (remember, I said maternity store...a place where pregnant, generally non-nursing people go). After you have a baby you may from time to time happen into shops that sell baby clothes and these nice shops almost never have even a restroom with a changing table let alone a place to nurse/feed a baby (remember, I said baby store...a place where moms (and dads) of babies and young children go).



I think that is enough madness for one day - Happy Monday!




5 comments:

Carrie said...

Amen.

Shaie said...

Bloody baffling.

hannah m said...

Dude. We must have eaten beef from the same cow this weekend, because I totally had this thought yesterday. Why, oh, why would a place ever think that expectant mother parking was more helpful than mother or father parking. It just doesn't make sense. All that lifting and carrying and walking with baby accoutrement landed me in the chiro's office again last week.

Carrie said...

Now that I think about it some more, I did use the stork parking spot once at BRU when I was 8+ months and painfully huge. I bought a big car seat and a high chair, and as I was struggling to load the big boxes into my car by myself, I was mighty pissed that they had the stupid parking spots but no employees who were willing to help me.

AmyK said...

I did in fact use it myself once or twice ;) But what is more appalling is that they let you (a pregnant woman) carry such a giant package from the store - ugh!

Post a Comment