17 April 2008

Now til March. From daycare, other parents, his pediatrician, all uttered the same words to us, "Get used to it, from now until March he'll be sick constantly." I know it is odd, but I took comfort in these words. I took comfort know that it was not something with Elliot's immune system, but rather part of what happens to most children when they enter the world. I took comfort knowing that whether he was 6-months or 3 years, his time in enclosed spaces with other children would bring germs and colds galore. Nothing would be gained by holding him back a few years. Well, we are in April now and my poor guy is still sick. In fact, just as he was recovering from what I though would be his last cold (it was winding down the last days of March/first days of April) BAM he got hit with another cold and this time it turned into Pneumonia! All I could think was, "Are you f****** kidding me?!". Our little guy is handling it all like a trooper, especially considering the morning and evening kiddie cocktail he endures - albuterol via a chamber, steroids via a mask and a nebulizer, and liquid antibiotics (I don't take liquid anything, so the fact that he sucks this stuff down is amazing to me!). So we've given up on April and are now hoping for a healthy May.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Poor little guy. That's a lot to endure. And yeah, the March thing is a total lie! J just got another cold this week. (This is cold #4. He gets a new cold every 4 weeks, like clockwork. And he hasn't even gotten over the congestion from #3 yet.) And then there are those "summer colds" to look forward to...

hannah m said...

All healthy thoughts your way! To you, Dale and Mr. Sweet-E!

Ducky said...

This is so sad! Our poor little boy. It must be awful for you and Dale to see such a sweet lamb feeling sick and dealing with the treatments, too. I'll add my healthy thoughts and wishes to Hannah's.

Carrie said...

Hope Elliot is getting better and that you guys have a great, relaxing weekend together.

AmyK said...

Thanks for all the well wishes! We went back to the dr today (and will go Monday too), he is breathing much better but he lost a whole pound :( Now we just need to work on getting him to want to eat more (who can blame him for not being hungry when he is ingesting all those meds). Happy Friday!

Post a Comment