13 January 2009

I need a goal. Twenty pounds in twenty weeks, that ought to do it! Seriously though, enough is enough. I love to eat & eat and I have been riding on the coattails of pregnancy and motherhood for too long. You didn't do a very good job of keeping me honest the last time I made a declaration to change (over a year ago now!). But I know this time you'll do better, I'll do better. I was trying to take a picture of Elliot's shadow the other day and mine kept getting in the way! I have re-joined the Weight-Watchers program they have at work and though I don't care too much to sit around and share 'diet-woes' with co-workers, it's nice to be able to quickly weigh-in each week without having to drive someplace else. And having someone else weigh me (because of course I weigh every day at home) is very motivational. We quite have enough people signed up yet, so cross your fingers a few more straggle in, I really need this! Even though today was not the official start, I did 'weigh-in' and have my 'starting' weight, so here I go. And I realize 20lbs sounds like a lot, but is only 1 pound a week which is a very realistic goal. Wish me luck!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know you can do it. I was quite content with the extra weight I put on after Julian was born. I finally had my moment about six months ago, that enough was enough. Currently I'm not exactly where I want to be, but I feel a hell of a lot better. Julian is 3, so it took me a while to get here and I know you'll get there too.

AmyK said...

Yay! Thanks for your motivation! Shall we eat in on Friday to be sure I don't order a giant cheesy burger :)

Anonymous said...

yes, I'll bring my lunch.

hannah m said...

Amy, you're one of the most motivated people I know, and since I am one of the least motivated people I know :-) I sure am glad to let you inspire me! You're awesome.

Ducky said...

This is great, Amy. You can absolutely do this. 20 pound in 20 weeks is very reasonable, and you can do it comfortably and happily. You'll be stoked and going full throttle in no time.

Shaie said...

That is awesome, Amy! I rejoined WW this weekend myself! I took off 80 lbs 3 years ago, but have managed to put it all back on. YOU CAN DO THIS! We both can! You are so right to be making those small, sustainable changes. That's what it's all about. Hang in there and if you need a word of encouragement or an online "accountability buddy" I'm here for ya.

Remember Frick and Frack? =P

Post a Comment