03 February 2009

I am feeling a bit down, I gained 1.2 lbs! I really don't know what happened. I was very diligent in tracking everything that went into my mouth! It was even one of those weeks where I was able to bring my own lunch every day (no lunch meetings). I was very prudent with my points all week so that I could enjoy a special anniversaryry dinner with my sweet husband (we started dating 15 years ago!). I even stepped up my exercise because my crazy friend had a wild idea that we should *run* a 5 mile race at the end of the month (she really sold me on the idea when she mentioned that a pancake breakfast would be waiting at the finish line). It just doesn't make sense! My Aunt Flow did come to visit, but I just don't recall this presenting as an issue with past weight-loss endeavors. Well, I am not giving up! It is getting a bit more difficult to see how I will reach 20lbs in 17 weeks, but I am not going to stop trying. I know that I am also making positive changes in my life, and that has to count for something!

4 comments:

Shaie said...

Well, you look gorgeous! Hang in there. You are doing an excellent job and I'm betting that if you were to measure you would see a difference. My guess is that you are gaining muscle with all of the exercise that you're doing. Still discouraging at the scale, I realize, but like you said, you are making positive changes and that counts for everything!

Anonymous said...

Keep at it! I must say, you both look quite smashing in that photo. :D I like the nice stripes + circles combination. So sharp!

hannah m said...

Amy, you're doing everything right - keep it up! Your stick-to-it-ive-ness is inspiring!

You and Dale look so cute in your anniversary photo! Happy Anniversary!

AmyK said...

Thanks All! I cheated and weighed myself the next day when I was not so bloated and saw a nice decrease...so I will not be jumping from a tall building ;) It's not all about the loss, but it does in fact help keep you motivated when you see that number decrease.

Post a Comment