13 January 2008

I was in the shower today thinking about the bike ride I just finished (my first ride on my new bike) when I recalled a conversation I had with my dear husband many years ago. I was 'struggling' with my weight then (similar to now) and I told him (attempt to spin my down moment into an up one) that I was actually lucky because my body is telling me that I need to eat better and to exercise whereas he needed (years later) his father to have a heart attack and to hear his cholesterol was high (borderline, but he was only 30) in order to 'eat right & exercise'. We often remark about the fat person ordering a venti-carmel frap, extra caramel, extra whip at SB. And today it occurred to me that we never remark about the skinny people who order those same beverages. I consider myself (even when I am thin) to always be a fat person and realized today that I almost turned my back on my people. So the next time you see a fat person eating a giant burger or having a second helping of something indulgent, don't forget to look for the skinny person doing the same thing because at the end of the day it is our health we should all be worried about.


What I ate today:

Cereal
Soy Mocha
WW Eng Muffin with PB, Morningstar saugsage patties
Dbl Tall 1/2 Caff...
Chili Con Carne with Beans (recipe of the week - halfway decent, quick and freezable)
1/2 mini-bread loaf (sounds like more than it is, I swear)
Some tasty Amaretti cookies

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right on.

The whipped cream at Starbucks should be outlawed. I made the mistake of having an iced something or other with whip once. It's like BUTTER! So heavy that I couldn't really enjoy my beverage without envisioning my arteries stopping up. Mmm!

Ducky said...

I love the way you think and that this angle would occur to you. So perfect and well put. BTW, rockin' bike! Godd job, Dale!

Jennie said...

"My people." I love you Amy. You are a non-discriminating awesome woman who loves "fat" people, "skinny" people, and "mediocre weight but flabby" people. Wish more people were like you in the world.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Post a Comment