09 December 2007

I tend to cook the sames things week after week, so to help me mix things up I have decided to make one new recipe (meal) each week. Today I made a RR 30-Minute Meal entitled "Minimum Effort, Maximum Taste" (that's my kind of meal!). I love Indian food and flavors, so we didn't have to go out and buy a lot to whip this up - added bonus.

Indian Spiced Chickpea and Fire Roasted Tomato Soup; not quite as "Indian" as I would have liked, but a tasty soup. When I started cooking the soup I realized it was already 8pm, so we decided that the Lamb & Couscous will happen tomorrow night. I used 1/8 instead of 1/4 of a cup of Olive Oil which makes this soup VERY fat/calorie friendly!


What I Ate Today:

~Amy's Huevos Rancheros (Two Morningstar Farms Breakfast Patties, one over-medium egg, one HF tortilla with 1/2 slice LF white cheddar, generous splash of hot sauce - have you seen my collection?!)
~Soy Mocha
~1/2 Chicken Pesto sandwich at Erik's Deli and a bowl of their vegetarian vegetable soup
~Dbl Tall 1/2 Caff 2-Pump Soy Mocha
~Handful of Sun Chips
~Bowl of Indian Spiced Soup & 1/2 loaf (very small loaf) of warm crusty bread
~1/2 Pinata apple - new discover at the store, cannot rival my favorite Pink Ladies, but darn good.

Exercise: Still playing the sick card.

0 comments:

Post a Comment